Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back at the Ranch...5/26/11

I really did not intend to become a "Rancher" This was forced upon me.

My lifes work was construction mainly electrical. In the early 2000's I started buying fixing and selling homes. I found I really enjoyed interior design, landscape, then drought tolerant landscape, then historical architecture such as Craftman.

I did everything myself, from sprinklers to painting. Generally I spent 2 years at each home and when I was not doing Electrical Construction Contracts I was woking on the home.

This was a great life. In 2008 I took on a big project. $850K 3 acres and a beautiful Spanish Adobe Ranch Home to renovate. I but 20% down and 100K so far inot it and is is badly under water. Likely I will not get a pay check out of this renvation..ever... So I am ship wrecked.

However, I am shipwrecked in a pretty nice place and it took me a long time not to be bitter about what the economy did.

So I have "taught" myself to day trade and to work the land this is how I am surviving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment